Thursday, February 19, 2009

Day One of Spring Training


Today was so productive and fun. Starting to get the porch dialed in, I have to create some chaos first! I'm converting my big pots from flowers to veggies and moving stuff around, repotting and givin everything some love and cleaning.
Then went over to the big garden. It's like goin to the beach on a pretty marnin.


This garden was love at first sight for me, I remember when my daughter first showed it to me. It looked like a beautiful patchwork quilt on the slope in Gabriel Park, here in SW Portland. It's the prettiest setting, one of 33 community gardens in the city; I've been gardening here for 9 years, and now have a raised 4' x 8' box, and the surrounding land, a nice macrocosm after my micro porch.


Gardening makes me feel so grateful. I harvested the rest of my leeks, harvested some compost, a half wheelbarrow full! and spread it on the garlic, transplanted overwintered lettuce starts, and dug enough potatoes to eat for supper. I can hardly believe these lettuce starts survived our freezing snowy winter in a pot---talk about life force!


To do: take cardboard over and do the paths. start grapes along the fence, maybe potatoes under. Take time to dream about what to grow and where. Visualize bountiful delicious beautiful food picked at the peak!

No comments:

Post a Comment