Sunday, April 5, 2009

Game is On

Finally, I'm back online...no web access all week, and it was too wet and cold to do much in the garden outside. Now the tide has turned, it's warm and beautiful and there's so much to do. We're potting up our baby tomato plants, planting onions, leeks and scallions into the garden. You can put in potatoes now, any of the hardy greens, peas, strawberries, herbs, flowers, lots of things. To find out what can go in right now in your area, visit a nursery and see what they have for sale.

Or, watch your local gardener, you know the one you pass by on your way to home or work that has the Midas touch. See what a gwan inna di yard... and express y'self!

It's a beautiful time out there, breathe it in we've earned it, and much respect to the power of spring. I was walking over to the community garden after work and a local designer had her garden open for a tour, what a nice surprise.

I meandered through and took some shots.

The mossy staircase added a nice touch to a tranquil detour. Thanks, Kathryn Leech of River City Gardens, for the spiritual feast.

2 comments:

  1. Kay has inspired me to return to my "grass roots" and play in the dirt. I now have a fabulous garden of :
    Big pot of spinich plants
    Big pot of Chinese cabbage
    Big pot of Mescaline greens (sp?)
    Big pot of mixed lettuce
    Small pot of Cilantro
    Big pot of radishes
    Lots of Chives
    Lots of herbs
    Baby asperagus and baby potatoes (she said I had to have them
    Lots of garlic and onions.
    Blessings to Kay and mama earth for the inspirations. Eating well now!
    Gertie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you’re enjoying the warmer weather. I wish you a very good luck with all your plants. I hope they grow well and give plenty of fruit.

    ReplyDelete